Thursday 23 April 2015

Context Of Practice - Disertation practical element

My practical element for my dissertation was based around a full body tattoo called a body suit. In many cultures particularly japanese culture they hold a significant meaning and can sometime be a right of passage. Considering my essay was based around different styles of tattoos and looking at some of the culture behind them I felt this was quite a natural accompaniment to my essay. I designed the bodysuit from the feet up as a general timeline of styles and how they have developed through the past hundred years or so. I started at the feet with demonstrating an old school style of tattoo design, then to Art Nouveau a style that has only been recently replicated in the form of tattoo design, I put it in this order because it seemed the most natural when the original art style was popular. I then went into a modernist style as this was a similar example as the Art Nouveau. I used a new school style tattoo on the stomach that mover into pointillism, geometric, water colour, tribal and trash polka.

here are some examples of bodysuits I took my inspiration from







I wanted to do it in a timeline style too demonstrate of tattoo design has changed over time and how its influenced have been taken from different areas of graphic disciplines.

No comments:

Post a Comment