Monday 10 August 2015

COP3 - Tattoo image development & mockups

After I established a style I felt i needed to develop it further and try to think of how the style would work as an actual tattoo. I wanted to get away from designing on a computer so i decided to hand draw the tattoo designs after I printed them out.




These were the images I came up with which I feel could work well as tattoos. Ive tried to retain an organic element within the images to allow them to be more transferable as a tattoo but I've also tried to include geometric themes and shapes to retain the more contemporary side of the design. I also wanted to make each element of the images interchangeable so they could be moved around depending on the position and location of the tattoo when transferred onto skin. I feel keeping the colour and the theme consistent throughout the three images has enabled me to establish a style which I think works as a tattoo. The next step that I needed to do was to mock the images up onto skin to see how they would actually work.


This was a first attempt at mocking up the images, I played around with size and placement and also had to edit the image to make it sit on the skin and look like a realistic tattoo.



These are the final mock up images I created, I wanted to keep the model the same in each picture to bring some consistency throughout the mocked up images. I tried different placements and sizing within the images to see how they could look as a potential tattoo, just looking at the images you could see how this style of tattoo could sit amongst other tattoo styles. Im happy with the way this new style I created turned out, I feel I've shown that they could work as an actual tattoo. The style its self could be changed to cater for any client and I feel that the style coould work alongside other styles and not look too out of place.

As an additional element to the practical work I submitted I decided to draw the images onto transfer paper, the sort you would get in a tattoo shop that would have the design on ready to transfer onto a customers skin so that the artist can use the transferred lines as guides for the tattoo.









I flipped the images so that when you transferred the image it would be the right way round, this is particularly important when working with type. I also made a version where I deconstructed the image so you could change the placement of the elements of the tattoo to fir with different placements and to essentially tailor the tattoo for one specific person

No comments:

Post a Comment