Tuesday 2 October 2012

Alphabet Summer Brief



We were given a summer brief before we started at Leeds College of Art. In the brief we had to come up with an alphabet that visually communicates you as a person. 

I thought at first of making an alphabet with one aspect in mind that ran throughout each letter to make  it look like more a of a standard alphabet. I developed my ideas further and decided that each letter could represent one thing about me. As it was an alphabet I wanted to have something remain constant throughout it so i decided to work from the already excising alphabet of helvetica. I also kept a theme by drawing each letter with a fineliner, with the exception of a couple letters.

Each letter doesnt necessarily relate to the image but individually represents a part of me. I also wanted to keep the images pretty abstract and not to obvios to what they are. Overall im happy with the way this project turned out and I think it represent me as a person quite broadly.






Sorry about the pictures, not the greatest qual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment