Wednesday 21 November 2012

Message and delivery, Mail shot OUGD403

This is the picture I used for Castro's illustration at the bottom of the inside of the mail shot.

For the final part of the message and delivery task we were asked to produce a set of 5 envelopes with a message inside to be sent to relevant adresses regarding your chosen subject. At first I really struggled at this task and it took me some time to come up with a solution to it. Fidel castro was my subject so theres wasn't much direction I could take it in, it was only until I asked Simon for help that he suggested maybe writing to the newspapers that wrongly reported on his death. This was my  starting point where my development could grow from here.



I had used a lot of time trying to develop and think of a solution to my problem this meant I had to think cleverly about how I was going to produce my mail shots, I decided to instead of produce a separate piece of work that goes inside the envelope I combined the two so that the envelope was double sided and folded out with a message on the inside.

This is the outside and inside of the letter, aligning the two correctly for it to be printed double sided was the only real problem I had.

Designing the actual envelope was relatively simple, my message really related back the the original news article that got me interested in the first place. Fidel Castro was angry about that fact that a rumour had spread that he had died and my message was a sort of retaliation to the 'Imperialist media'.
I found a quote from him attacking the media, saying they publish all these lies that people are beginning not believe any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment