Thursday 26 February 2015

OUGD 602 - Apple mac decal - image research & development

I want the images for the screen protectors to have quite a hand made feel to them, I dont want them to mimic the clean vector art work that is seen on most of the professionally produced decals. There are a few graphic designers that I have been inspired by recently but I have come to appreciate paintings more from going to galleries, I like the work from Picasso and Matisse and this is something that I would like to explore further in this project.

I want to do a series of images because they should be easy to make considering the size of the area I have to work in. I want to do some

Illustrative pieces - faces, cartoons, modern graphic design styles
Patterns - shapes, colours, geometric
Art - mimicking some classic styles with my own twist on it

For the patterns I have come across a designer called Benny Arts, some of his work I think would work really in this kind of application. This is some examples of his work.

















I really like this contemporary style of design and its something that I feel would work really in a sticker form.

I also want to do a series of images using faces as a basis for the designs











I mentioned early I would like to create some images inspired by great artists like Matisse and Picasso









I really like the abstract style and the way it still looks contemporary even today, I will attempt my own drawings taking inspiration from these styles with my own style implemented into the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment