Monday 20 January 2014

OUGD 504 - Design for print




I cut these top to images on the laser cutter, I used the raster feature to cut from a photo which I felt gave a really interesting look too it, because the laser cut into the paper depending on darker or lighter tones it gave the image an almost 3d effect to it.
The second image was just cut using the cut through feature and I quite like the over all look too it, I want to use a variation of the Marilyn Monroe image though because I really feel it shows the potential of what a laser cutter can do, its amazing the accuracy it can generate to only cut part way through a sheet of paper


This was just a first mock up of the packaging I want to fit my posters into




These three images were to represent the digital aspect of printing, i use the colours to represent cmyk


This was the final print for the screen printed aspect, I did over 30 prints some with a black wire overlay which I liked, i just felt without the black it looked better.


This was the lino printed image which I started cutting the wrong way so the letter when pressed would appear backwards, which I think actually works fine when you look at them in a series. For the final submission I didn't have time to re print this image because it takes around a week to dry and I didn't want it the mess up the other posters, so its incomplete.





These were the foiling posters I created, I tried one using the foil on the negative space, it worked to an extent but I think the fabric screen I used was just to old and didn't evenly let through the glue so the results were varied. I ended up using the much simpler print.







These were the inserts for the folded booklet I made, originally I had planned to print each individual image on the back of each insert but due to time constraints and other complications I just couldn't get it done in time.
There are a couple things in this project that I felt I left incomplete, I would have liked to re print the lino print and also put a banner along the bottom of the foiled print. I couldn't do this in time due to people in the print room stealing screens, Which is something that you really cant do anything about.
I would have also would have liked to printed on the back of the booklet inserts and also would have liked to print on the front cover of both booklet and packaging for the posters, due to time constraints I just couldn't get these done.

No comments:

Post a Comment