Monday 18 May 2015

OUGD 602 - Iphone scratch protectors, final images

As this is one of my most recently completed projects I still feel its developing. Ive created an identity for the brand along with packaging I feel I can further develop this project with more designs for the cases and further testing of the actual screen protectors in terms of how long the images on the plastic will last.
























I feel with this brief I have achieved what I set out to, I outlined in my first post corrosponding to this brief that there was a gap in the market for this sort of product and im surprised no one has capitalized on. Custom or a more personalised aproach to screen protectors seems like a good thing to carry on exploring mainly down to how cheaply you can make them and their high margin resale value. From doing this project I have worked out it probably has costed me roughly 50p per scratch protector to coat, print, coat again and include the packaging. This is a pretty remarkable cost considering it could be much cheaper and more effectivly made using other techniques and using higher volume.

As I said I want to continue to develop this project past just one for my degree. I have considered other things to draw like marvel super heros ect. One thing I have learnt though from these cases is that they will eventually chip off if scratched on something, they are also suseptable to flaking off if exposed to heat and then places face down on leather for example. If your body is in contact with the protector and then placed on a surface it could cause the image to come off. This is something that could be quite easily rectified if I had better resorses and tools. One idea I have for the image to last longer is using matt protectors as the surface of them wont be a smooth as the ones I am currently using, therefor it might give a better surface for the paint to attach to. These are all little things I need to consider test and seeing if there are any alternatives to. One thing about the images scratching off is that it still doesnt make the protector redundant. the protector remains stuck on just as a clear film.

Other variations I could do are changing the colour of the base spray paint to add different colours to the range. I could also use white ink instead of black for the illustrations. One of the main things I feel I need to retain though when creating different variations is the simplicity to the images, I feel this is important for the overall aesthetic of the brand and also important for the overall aesthetic of the phone, Iphones are meant to be simple to I want a simple design represented on the back of the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment